President Vladimir Putin received Muhammad Al Nahyan in the Kremlin. Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces arrived in Russia on a working visit.
In an interview with Muhammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Russian president noted good results in the oil market following the work of Russia and OPEC.
Also, the Russian leader thanked the Prince for his initiatives to develop cooperation between Russia and the United Arab Emirates in high-tech areas.
"We have a large set of joint projects. I very much hope and believe that today's visit will serve to strengthen mutual relations, "said Vladimir Putin.
In turn, the crown prince of the UAE capital expressed the hope to discuss with Putin the situation in the Middle East, and also spoke for strengthening trade and economic relations with Russia.
The President and the Prince discussed the international and regional agenda, as well as the situation in the energy sector.
In addition, Vladimir Putin and Muhammad Al Nahyan signed the Declaration on Strategic Partnership between the Russian Federation and the United Arab Emirates.
The declaration sets tasks for the development of cooperation in various fields:
1. The parties expressed their desire to contribute to strengthening international security.
2. The Russian Federation and the United Arab Emirates will also coordinate their efforts, exchange experience and information in the field of combating terrorism and extremism, including training. The parties will promote the provision of safe and peaceful cyberspace, preventing its use with a view to spreading extremist ideology.
3. The parties also agreed on the further development of trade-economic and financial-investment cooperation, in connection with which they intend to strengthen and diversify trade and economic relations through a number of existing and the creation of new mechanisms and joint ventures.
4. Particular attention was paid to the energy sector. The Russian Federation and the UAE are going to continue cooperation in order to ensure the stability of the hydrocarbon market.
5. The two countries plan to increase the supply of agricultural products and food to each other's economies, as well as to develop mutual investments in the agro-industrial complex.
6. In the field of communications, the task is to reduce the cost of services in roaming for subscribers of the two states. The last thing is especially important in connection with the active tourist flow in the UAE, which increased in connection with the introduction of a visa-free regime for tourists (in February last year). As a result, the number of visitors from Russia for the year increased by more than 90%.
7. A new package of documents has been signed in the oil and gas industry.
8. Russia and the UAE, in addition, agreed on the development of cooperation in the field of industry, including in such sectors as aviation, engineering, metallurgy and pipe industry and the production of medicines.
9. The industrial sector is not left out. The Russian Federation and the UAE intend to continue coordination on the situation in the world aluminum market, cooperate in the field of oil and gas to ensure the stability of the global hydrocarbon market and work more closely in the construction of nuclear reactors.
During informal communication, Vladimir Putin showed the Prince of Abu Dhabi a limousine project "Cortege." Muhammad Al Nahyan appreciated both the appearance and the interior of the Russian car.
Official source: http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/57632